Thursday, April 5, 2012

Up close and personal!


3 Weeks...
Yes, only 3 weeks ago, I was on an O.R. table,
  • being sliced open,
  • having parts removed,
  • muscles ripped off my chest and rearranged,
  • drain tubes sewn into each side,
  • a morphine ball rigged up to deliver instant glee directly to my very soul, and
  • these magical, odd, rigid, magnetic "water balloons" planted where my boobs used to be. 
 
All this, done in the same amount of time it takes most people to complete "just another day at work."

As you can see on the photo pages, I'm healing well! I'm absolutely in awe of what these last 3 weeks has brought me, both physically and spiritually.  I have learned through this experience that, whether by choice or chance, I am surrounded by people of great character, with an incredibly large amount of compassion, love and understanding.  And, my chest has healed to the point that I can almost recognize myself in the mirror, very different, yet similar in shape and size, once again. 

At this point, with a shirt on, you wouldn't even know I had a major operation and am going through the year-long reconstruction process.

So, in just 3 weeks I have gone from Frankenstein's monster to a new, happier, healthier woman, recognizing so many blessings in my already privileged life. :-)

My miraculous metamorphosis continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment