Saturday, April 25, 2015

Bla, bla, blog...

So, here we are again?! The short story...I have tumors on my lumbar spine, which are "probably benign." The doctor is sending me to the hospital for a full body bone scan on Tuesday, to see if there are any signs of bone cancer elsewhere, and ordered another MRI in 3 months to see if these spinal tumors change, in case they are malignant.  The concern is that the symptoms I went in with were almost textbook of breast cancer metastasis in my bones. After finding the tumors on my spine, benign or not, there is further reason for concern. 

In addition, the MRI shows multilevel, significant degeneration (since my last MRI only 13 months ago) along with bone spurs in my neck which have caused enough spinal stenosis now that it's caused my arms to be numb all night and most of the day, and they have become very weak. Fusion seems to be the best option, and he wants to do that as soon as I give the okay - within the next 4 weeks. I can't take off work for it, due to using all available leave for last October's surgery to remove the ruptured implant and scrape and rebuild my chest wall.  I will have to put off the fusion surgery for a while. No choice.

To top it all off, my final breast reconstruction/revision surgery has just been scheduled for July 29th.  Not looking forward to any more surgery, ever! But, such is my life.

Stay tuned...Thanks for all your kindness and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment