Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where do I begin...

Welcome!

I started this blog, because I am starting my journey with cancer and cancer prevention at the age of 44.  Young? No, but I when I thought of my high odds of getting breast cancer, I always thought I would be at least 70 years old when the time came to face it head on.


"Blogging" is new to me.  This is my first blog, and I have only read two other blogs in my entire life.  When I began my journey with breast cancer, I really struggled to find information as seen from the patient's point of view.  There is plenty of vague, general medical information published by medical professionals, but nothing dealing with what to expect each day during this VERY long process.  While nothing is certain, and all people experience this differently, I was sure there were general, even common, issues which women in my position experience.


This brings me to how I came to write this blog.  Late one night, I searched the Internet for yet more information on the reconstruction process, specifically the length of time it takes to finally be finished with the whole ordeal.  I came upon a terrific blog, told in a very open and honest way, from the woman's point of view!  Here it is if you are interested:  byebyehooters.blogspot.com


After reading her blog, I decided to write my own, as a remembrance of what I went through emotionally and physically, what I learned along the way, and how I morphed into the new person I would become on the other end of this experience.  I hope that this blog helps answer some questions other women might have, and helps them feel as though they are not alone, or downright crazy, for feeling and thinking the things they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment